Self leadership is the key to effective leadership and lasting influence.
To become a great leader, you must first learn to lead yourself. You must first know where you are going to before you take others on a journey.
Leaders who try to lead others without leading themselves first always end up failing and falling apart. You cannot lead a people beyond your personal capacity, comprehension and competence.
Self Leadership Success Secrets:
Great leaders have four (4) things in common, they have:
1. Personal Life Plan
2. Leadership Or Business Vision
3. Leadership Or Business Plan
4. Established Leadership Priorities
1. Personal Life Plan
Before aircrafts depart from one airport to another, they are expected to submit a FLIGHT PLAN: It is written statement that tells three (3) things: TIMING (When to fly), DESTINATION (Where it is flying to), and PATH (How to get there from here).
Every flight plan include details of an INTENDED flight.
Similarly, a LIFE PLAN is a simple statement that identifies the most important PARTS of your life, your VISION for each of them, your overall PURPOSE for each, and the ACTIONS you will have to take daily in order to reach your predetermined or predefined destination.
Life planning enables you both to rediscover your purpose and to live purposefully. It enables you to step out from your present situation and walk into your preferred destination.
Your life’s plan is critical to your “life’s flight.” Once you stop living by design, you will end up not not following your life’s path hence lose your influence as a leader.
How To Create A Life Plan
1. Isolation: withdraw for a day or two. Isolate yourself.
2. Identification: identify the most important parts of your life (marriage, family, finance, spirituality, health, etc).
3. Intention: for each PART of your life, write out what your VISION, PURPOSE and ACTION PLAN will be (Get Michael Hyatt’s Free Ebook: Creating Your Life’s Plan, Visit This Link: http://michaelhyatt.com/creating-your-life-plan)
Similarly, according to Michael Hyatt, the following are three (3) significant reasons why you need a life plan:
~ It will give you CLARITY
~ It will keep you in BALANCE
~ It will give you PEACE of mind
Watch Out For Part 2 Tomorrow!
Let me hear from you!
Sam Oye – Inspiring Mind Renewal And Personal Transformation